Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alan Jackson Performing "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow"

Alan Jackson is my favorite music artist. “Chasin’ That Neon Rainbow” is my favorite Alan Jackson song. Here is a video I found of a young Alan Jackson performing “Chasin’ That Neon Rainbow”.

Jim McBride – the gentleman in the suit playing the guitar to the left of Alan – is Alan’s co-writer on the song. The two of them also wrote Alan’s massive hit “Chattahoochee” together.

In case anyone is wondering, the two people who introduce Alan at the beginning of the video are Rickey Van Shelton and Marie Osmond. Van Shelton had some good commercial success in the late 80’s and very early 90s. Osmond is a member of the famous Osmond family and has done a lot of things in music and TV with her brother Donnie Osmond.

I suspect this Alan Jackson performance occurred in 1991 or 1992, but that is just a guess. Thanks to madbullxxx1953xxx for posting this video on YouTube. I have enjoyed watching it.