Monday, December 4, 2017

Longest Wait for a Return Yet

R. A. Dickey just signed and returned a baseball card I sent to him through mail (TTM). I sent the card eight and half years ago. More precisely it was 3036 days ago. 

Why the long wait? Who knows, but I have heard stories of people getting cards back ten even fifteen years after sending them. My longest wait till now had been five years (Mark Salas). I have had multiple cards come back after four years. One cannot know the reason why it took so long. Maybe the card got lost and then found. Maybe the player just decided now he would sign a bunch of cards he had been saving up. No one besides the player can tell us for sure what happened. The lesson to be learn here is never give up on a card you sent because it just might come back when you least expect it.

I know I am appreciative of all my returns no matter how long they take. Thank you Mr. Dickey for taking the time to sign and return my card!