Thursday, January 3, 2019

Minnesota Twins TTM Autograph Update for the Second Half of 2018


2018 ended with me having signed baseball cards from 642 different current or former Minnesota Twins.

One of the Twins I gained actually came to me in 2009 when I sent Nelson Cruz a card and he returned it signed. Cruz was not with the Twins then, but in December 2018 he agreed to sign with the Twins making him my 642 Twins player.

Current or former Twins who signed for me TTM (thru the mail) in the second half of 2018:

Kennys Vargas
Taylor Motter
Bartolo Colon – surprised but happy to get this one
Fernando Romero
Johnny Field
Mitch Garver
Ehire Adrianza
Taylor Rogers
Logan Forsythe
Neal Cotts
Jim Winn
Johnny Sutton
Pat Borders
Jack O’Connor

Twins prospects who signed for me via TTM in the second half of 2018:

Landon Leach
Jhoan Durn – included some signed cards of his own
Jorge Alcala
Ernie De La Trinidad
Cody Stashak

I also got a return from Hall of Famer Juan Marichal. I included $5 with my request.

Willians Austdillo of the Twins returned my card unsigned.

I got a signed card for Minnesota Timberwolves guard Tyus Jones. I don’t have many signed Wolves cards, but Tyus is from Minnesota so that added to his appeal. He sent an extra card along with the two I had sent him.

I was able to go to two in person signing at Cub Foods store (they are a Twins sponsor) in 2019 and was able to get signed cards from Max Kepler and Jorge Polanco. These free in person signing are become less and less frequent. I am not sure why that is, but it is kind of a bummer.

Hopefully 2019 will not be a bummer for me in my quest to get a signed card from every living current and former Minnesota Twin. I also hope to get more returns from Twins minor leaguers this year because some minor leaguers become major leaguers.

Happy New Year to everyone!