Sunday, January 27, 2008

Twinsfest Part 2

Saturday I had to do what I hate doing at Twinsfest – wait in line for a long, long time. I had to wait over 2 hours in line to get Joe Mauer’s autograph on a baseball card. Twins fans love Joe Mauer, in part because he is from Minnesota. I have to admit he seems like a nice person.

I also got Paul Molitor to sign an 8 x 10 picture I made of him. However, the guys behind me in line had a little more unique – a toy rocking horse like we all use to rid when we were kids. According to the owners, the rocking horse was made in 1961 the same year the Twins came to Minnesota. The owners decided they would get as many Twins players as possible sign it. Molitor sure was surprised when they hoisted it up on the table for him to sign, but he did sign it.

I was going to get another autograph from Michael Cuddyer and Delmon Young who were signing together again, but the line for them was huge and had already been cut off a over hour before they were suppose to sign. I decided it was time to head home with another enjoyable Twinsfest in the books.